- 2 (10-ounce) boxes chopped frozen spinach
- 1 box frozen artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 cup Gorgonzola crumbles1 1/2 cups shredded (a little larger than grated, available in tubs) Asiago or Parmigiano-Reggiano. Thick sesame bread sticks, for dippingCelery hearts, trimmed for dipping. Pita crisps with Parmesan and herbs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Defrost spinach 10 min on Defrost setting in microwave oven then drain well by squeezing out in dish towel. De-ice artichokes as well, 6 min on Defrost in oven then wring out & finely chop. Heat a sauce pot w/ butter over medium to medium-high heat. Add garlic to melted butter & stir 1 to 2 minutes, then sprinkle in flour & combine 1 minute more. Whisk in stock & milk and season w/ salt, pepper and nutmeg. Thicken 2 minutes then transfer from heat and melt in Gorgonzola. Stir in spinach and artichokes and half the shredded cheese then transfer to a small casserole and top w/ left over cheese. Brown & bubble in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with bread sticks, celery hearts & pita crisps for dipping.