A worthy farewell to summer and a necessary addition to keep the ladies up to no good throughout football season.
Tips and Tricks:
- Use the real thang baby;
- the store brands tend not to set up as firmly.
- Choose the freshest strawberries you can find.
- To allow the Jell-O plenty of time to set, make these the night before and serve the next day.
- Fill your strawberries as high as possible, to allow the Jell-O to settle as it sets.
- Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom.
- Use an apple corer or melon baller to empty out the strawberry.
- Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
- Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
- 1 box Strawberry Jell-O (Name-Brand)
- 8 ounces tequila [add more to taste ]
- 6 ounce Cointreau
- Salt for garnish
- Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-O powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
- Combine tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liquour mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liquour mixture to hot Jell-o mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour a separate shot of tequila for yourself and throw it back.
- Pour final Jell-o mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim.
- Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.