- sbs-1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup hot sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- 12 small rolls, such as Hawaiian or Parker House rolls, buttered and griddled
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Tomato slices, for serving
- Green leaf lettuce, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the oil. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper, the brown sugar, paprika and cayenne. Sear both sides of the chicken until golden, about 4 minutes. Add in the hot sauce to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and then place in the oven to finish off, and the chicken registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
Let the chicken cool, and then pull the meat with your hands. Adjust the seasoning if necessary, and then place back in the oven at BROIL until crusty and caramelized on top, about 4 minutes.
Sandwich Build: Place some chicken on the bottom buns, top with ranch, blue cheese crumbles, tomatoes and then lettuce. Serve.